Fergus Falls MN | The Cost of NOT Owning Your Own Home
Are looking to buy a home in Fergus Falls MN 56537? As a real estate agent, I want to be prepared to ensure that you are given the best buying experience with knowledge and expertise to guide you along the way. One of the methods I use is to research the current inventory almost on a daily basis, I want to know where are the best deals for my clients when it comes to purchasing a brand new home in the Fergus Falls area.
Today, I would like to talk to you about The Cost of NOT Owning Your Home.
Owning a home has great financial benefits, yet many continue to rent! Today, let’s look at the financial reasons why owning a home of your own has been a part of the American Dream for as long as America has existed.
Zillow recently reported that:
“In reality, buying or renting a home is an intensely personal decision, with emotional and even financial considerations that go beyond whether to invest in this one (admittedly large) asset. Looking strictly at housing market numbers, there is a concrete point at which buying a home makes more financial sense than renting it.”
What proof exists that owning is financially better than renting?
1. We recently highlighted the top 5 financial benefits of homeownership:
- Homeownership is a form of forced savings.
- Homeownership provides tax savings.
- Homeownership allows you to lock in your monthly housing cost.
- Buying a home is cheaper than renting.
- No other investment lets you live inside of it.
2. Studies have shown that a homeowner’s net worth is 44x greater than that of a renter.
3. Just a few months ago, we explained that a family that purchased an average-priced home at the beginning of 2017 could build more than $48,000 in family wealth over the next five years.
4. Some argue that renting eliminates the cost of taxes and home repairs, but every potential renter must realize that all the expenses the landlord incurs are already baked into the rent payment– along with a profit margin!!
Owning a home has always been, and will always be, better from a financial standpoint than renting.
Source… KCM Charlie Brue blog
To protect your interests and ensure that you make the best possible decisions, it’s important that you have a knowledgeable agent on your side who is an expert in his local real estate market. I am dedicated to keeping you on top of our local market. Rest assured that I will provide you with well-informed, trustworthy and personal guidance for your home purchase in Fergus Falls Minnesota.
To reach me, call or text 218-205-6566 Or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call or text 218-205-6568.
“Seeking to provide help, joy and benefit to home buying or selling.”