Helped owner sell this home in rural Fergus Falls.
Closed 6/23/2017. $165,000.
Peace & quiet are yours on this 3.73 acre wooded plot nestled on a pond teeming with wildlife. The nontraditional 2003 home is open concept, with high ceilings lot of light and a solar room with wood-burning stove (new LP furnace back-up) offering economical living. Live off the land with large garden and numerous young fruit trees. Two storage buildings plus a large steel garage-workshop could accommodate a mechanic, craftsman or artist home business. This natural paradise is a dream begun by the owners but waiting for someone to complete.
SLIDE SHOW OF PROPERTY
The home was built in 2003 using steel siding. It has a rubber roof guaranteed for 50 years. Flowers, shrubs and trees abound on this serene acreage.
pictures OF HOUSE INTERIOR
High ceilings, pine-trimmed beams in this home with 1608 square feet, all on the main floor.
Open concept, spacious, windows bring in light.
Kitchen and dining area flow together. Refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, microwave. Ceiling fan.
Bathroom with claw-foot tub and separate shower. Propane heater provides extra warmth for bath area.
Solar heating system plus a wood stove will heat the house all year, but a brand new backup forced air furnace has just been added to the home. Owners are leaving a year’s supply of cut and stacked firewood (5 cords).
Porch faces the west and has great views of the pond and its wildlife.
Attractive pine cupboards with laundry. Washer and dryer included.
New propane furnace and electric hot water heater. Clean utility room!
Extra building for whatever: crafts, gardening, office… with a lean-to for storage.
46 x 40 (+) metal building for garage, vehicle storage, and workshop. Built in 2010.
Big doors into shop area.
Shop is heated with this pellet/corn stove. Sellers are leaving a year’s supply of wood pellets and corn to burn.
An additional storage shed. 12 x 10.
And what would a rural property be without an outhouse. This one has a permit with the county.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT HOME AND PROPERTY
- Built in 2003
- Insulation is Icynene Foam, open cell, insects and rodents don’t chew on it, mold won’t grow on it (no bacteria or fungal growth).
- New roof in 2007 after hail storm damage. 50+ years, Firestone rubber, highest quality.
- House specifications: frost footings, non-spliced poles to rafters (treated).
- Foundation – 1-ft treated board below house boards with wire mesh 1-ft wide for anti-rodent treatment.
- Forced air solar heat collector that can go into three loops of insulated floor in solar room. The solar collector saves 3+ cords of wood per year.
- Wood stove will heat the home using 5+ cords of wood.
- 2015 fire inspection of wood stove, inside and out. (excellent rating!)
- There is outside piping for a sewer line for a second bathroom out the back laundry door.
- New furnace – 2017.
- New water heater – 2017
- Separate propane wall heater in bathroom.
- Ceiling fans
- Built in 2010
- Corn stove for heat. Shop has constantly been heated during winter ($350/year for corn)
- Foundation same as house – 1-ft treated board below house boards with wire mesh 1-ft wide for anti-rodent treatment.
- Insulated floor ready for water heat with all the tubing installed in the cement.
- Steel siding and roof.
Items to stay with the property
- 3 more bays of solarium windows and metal framing and glass (for replacement)
- A new pressure switch to well (back-up)
- A new sewer pump (over $200) for future replacement
- One year’s worth of wood: cut and split. (5+ cords)
- One year’s worth of corn and wood pellets for the shop.
- Koi fish
- Wind generator that has been taken door and is stored in the shed.
- Workbench and cabinet in shop
PLANTS and TREES
- Sweet Cherries
- Other assorted trees
- 8 Apple trees ( 6 are 4-yrs old, 2 are 10-yrs old)
- 6 Native Plums (4-yrs old)
- 6 Manchurian Apricots (5-yrs old)
- Raspberries – fall producing
- Lots of Green Cone Flower
- St Johns Wort
- Blackeye Susans
- Day lilies
- Rose bushes
- Tiger lilies
- Tree lilies